Join the conspiracy

News: Down By Da Beeeach

Down By Da Beeeach

Just got back to New York after an unexpectedly long trip to Tampa. I usually get depressed in my hometown after about 4-5 days, but this time around I ended up having a slightly different experience. Getting to see a lot of old friends, hang out with Schaefer, Frazier, Ryan Clements, Stiener, Kevin Coakley, Dustin Eggeling, Yonnie Cruz, Robbie Kirkland and a lot more it reminded me of how lucky I was to grow up in a city so rich in talent and skate culture. Cleaning out my storage unit, I dug up a metric ton of old VHS tapes, popped ‘em into the VCR and got all nostalgic-like. Pull up a chair…and some tissues.

Here’s a sampling of one VHS tape from I’m guessing around 1997. You can bitch about skatepark footage all you want, but you can’t hate on the line-up of this mix. Cardiel, Wade Speyer, Dustin Dollin, Ellington, Appleyard, Pontus Alv, Kenny Anderson, Koston, Tim O’Connor, Carroll, Clyde Singleton, Koston, Jamie Thomas, Bob Burnquist, Andy Roy, Reynolds, and many more. And it ends with one of the sickest things ever done at the park, in my opinion.
Tampa has been cursed with an onslaught of some of the grossest skaters from around the world, pillaging and stinking up the cities limited street spots for years. But it’s also been lucky enough to be visited by pretty much every one of the illest skaters to ever stand on a skateboard.
Here’s a few minutes of some SPOT randomness. Enjoy.

from January 19

12 comments

PS: Got more size Large hoodies in today and reposted the “poisonous products” video in the store.

1. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 19 at 02:55 AM

damn. gotta love the tracks in the background too haha.

2. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 19 at 06:23 PM

Thanks for the shout out josh and the link is a good look fuck ya nice lookin out for the tpa folk much love homie appreciate that

3. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 20 at 03:09 AM

TPV
V77
DVY

4. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 20 at 11:54 PM

nooooo. what the hell is wrong with my computer? im getting an up side down question mark and quicktime logo when i try to play the link.

5. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 21 at 10:32 AM

6. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 23 at 11:04 PM

Hey man, you spent some time in Orlando with the ol’ Floridian as well.

7. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 24 at 09:15 PM

8. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 26 at 11:49 AM

Ron Paul

9. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 27 at 08:06 PM

Cool link sza…. too bad Ron Paul will never be president (im writing him in regardless)

10. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 29 at 08:40 AM

Bummer this clip wont play for me either…

11. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 29 at 08:42 AM

Fixed the video link…..it’s a Youtube link now, should work for all you fools.

12. by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on January 30 at 10:48 PM